Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How do you do, Salad?

Sometimes a salad is all you need. A bowl brimming with snappy spinach leaves and adorned with an array of wholesome goodies.
You can dress it to suit your mood; making it on the lighter, crisp side with shredded carrot and chopped celery; or more nutrient-dense and comforting; sporting dried cherries and a crumbled cheese. Either way, broken walnut halves almost always find a place on my salad, I like the earthy crunch they have to offer.
This is one of my favorite salad variations, which includes dried cherries, walnut pieces, crumbled cheese, and blueberries!
My Favorite Salad:
Bowl full of spring mix lettuce and spinach
Heaping handful of fresh blueberries
handful of broken walnut halves
~2 T blue cheese crumbles
3 T dried cranberries
Pile everything into a bowl and grab a fork!
I personally, don't like using dressings all that often. When I do use a dressing, my favorite is fat free raspberry vinaigrette  It pairs very nicely with the fresh blueberries, the tartness of the cranberries, and the very rich blue cheese.
I always eat my salads the same weird way. I chop my salads up to the point where everything is nearly mashed together; then I eat all the lettuce first, leaving all the added ingredients as a "dessert" salad to enjoy.
Like I said...weird.

How do You do Salad?

Cheers,
    Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment