Sounds strange, tastes fantastic!
Its a great way to jazz up a simple breakfast.
Broiled GrapefruitYeild: 4 halves
2 grapefruits, halved
4 Tablespoons sugar, brown sugar, vanilla sugar
sprinkle of any spice you like: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, clove
1. Preheat your oven broiler.
2. Halve your grapefruit. You can make a base oh your grapefruit so they don't roll around on a baking sheet by slicing off part of the bottom peel around the stem of the fruit.
3. In a bowl, combine sugar and spices.
4. Place the grapefruit halves face-up on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle about 1 Tablespoon of sugar and spice on each fruit half.
6. Broil 7-10 minutes, until the sugar has melted and turned a little golden.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving plain or with yogurt, honey, and granola.
Look how lovely and pink! Just makes for a happy morning!
I enjoyed these with some Greek yogurt and granola.
Mmmm, enjoyed until the very last drop!
I think this recipe is the epitome of sugar and spice and everything nice.
And look! It's perfectly pink, just in time for Valentine's Day!